Due to COVID restrictions training will start on May 19th with other dates TBC shortly. These will run on Wednesday evenings and will cater for all levels of both dog and handler. We love to welcome new members, so why not come and give it a go.
To register to attend and for further details please contact our Retriever Training Secretary Annabel Kettler via the Get in Touch page or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please read through our Risk Assessment which applies to all organisers and participants of our events
- £8 Per Session (there will be a raffle on the day)
- Please pick up all dog poo and take it home. Anyone not doing so will be asked not to attend further training.
- When you arrive at training event please pay and ask where you can exercise your dog, if you need to.,
- No bitches in season
- Equipment – A slip lead and whistle are all you need! The trainer will have dummies, but it’s a good idea to have some at home to practise.
- No dogs that are aggressive or likely to fight.
- A little bit of prior obedience training will get you off to a flying start.
- Please only bring the dog you are training (no group walks before or after training)
- Please respect our hosts generosity and comply with the above. Thank you.
Directions to Fonthill
Bake Barn is on the A303 1 mile East of Chicklade, if travelling from Taunton direction it will be on your left. Signed Bake Barn/Penning, also WWGS signs. Once off the A303 follow signs to training ground. Please be very careful turning off A303 and when leaving training.
Directions to Horningsham
Signs will be put out from the Bath Arms pub in Horningsham, you may come across signs before you get to the pub.
Directions for Frome
For those who have satnav please use postcode BA11 3JY