TEST DATES & NOTICES
Date: Sunday 2nd September 2018
Meet: AV Spaniel working Test ( to be held under KC rules)
Category: Novice ( stake limited to 24 dogs)
Location: Trudoxhill , Frome, Somerset BA 11 5DW ( By kind permission of Mr and Mrs T Sheppard)
Time: Meet 9 am for a 9.30 start
Judges: Jeff Rayner ( panel), Ray Titchner, Shane Leigh
Sponsor: Skinners Pet Foods
Entry Fee: members £10.00 non members £16.00
Entries close: Friday 24th August 2018
Entries and fees : made payable to Wiltshire Working Gundog Society and sent to Howard Feltham, Ford Oak Farm, Mere Wiltshire BA126BD.
Please provide your email address in order to receive a copy of the draw.
Volunteers needed. Please e-mail Howard at fordoakfarm@ Hotmail.co.uk or call 01747 860712.
Raffle prizes would be much appreciated.
How to enter?
- The code of conduct expected at Gundog Working Tests is the same as that for Field Trials
- All competitors should be ready by 9 am for 9.30 am start unless otherwise specified
- Competing dogs and their handlers must be present at the start of the Test
- Handlers must ensure that the number of the dog being handled at the time is displayed appropriately
- Dogs should be on the lead when not ‘under the control of the judge’
- No competitor may withdraw their dog and leave the Gundog Working Test ground without informing the Chief Steward
- Dogs should not wear a collar when competing
- Replacement dummies must be paid for by the owner if his/her dog has damaged it
- No bitch in season may be brought to the test ground
- Entries should be submitted on one of Test Entry Forms, completed fully and signed by the owners.
- The name and details of the dog as recorded with The Kennel Club ltd must be given on the entry form (KC Reg. No/Stud No/ATC No)
- A SEPARATE cheque payable to the Wiltshire Working Gundog Society is required for EACH dog entered and must accompany the entry form
- No entry fees will be refunded for dogs withdrawn from a Test after the close of entries, except in the case of a dog qualifying out of novice, in season bitches or unfit dogs, when a full refund will be given. A veterinary certificate may be asked for at the discretion of the Society’s Officers. Also on production of a medical certificate that the applicant or the applicants’ nominated handler is unable to compete a full refund will be given.
- If a ballot is necessary all monies will be refunded or dealt with as specified in the schedule.
- Engraving of trophies is the responsibility of the winner
- The winner must also ensure the trophy received is returned to the appropriate WWGS Working Test Secretary in good time for the following year’s award, and in accordance with the undertaking signed
- Any queries should be referred to the Retriever Working Test Secretary
Any competitor whose dog is entered at a Kennel Club licensed event should take all reasonable steps to ensure the needs of their dog(s) are met, and should not knowingly put their dog’s health and welfare at risk by ant action, default, omission or otherwise. A breach of this regulation may be referred to the General committee for disciplinary action under Kennel Club Rules and Regulations.
Your dog is vulnerable and AT RISK if left in a vehicle in high temperatures and even on days considered slightly warm. Please take care of your dog. If your dog is found to be at risk forcible entry into you vehicle may be necessary without liability for any damage caused.
All dogs resident outside of the UK must be issued with a Kennel Club Authority to Compete number before entry to an event can be made. All overseas entries without an Authority to Compete number will be returned to the competitor.
The committee shall have the power to refuse an entry for a Field Trial without giving a reason.
The Kennel Club have requested that competitors in Field Trials inform field trial secretaries of any errors in respect of their dogs name/details in the Running card BEFORE the card is submitted to the Kennel Club. The Kennel Club have had problems with owners not putting the correct registered name of their dog on entry forms, and thus it does not appear correctly on the running card.
Winners of trophies are reminded that they are responsible for the trophies safe custody and will have to make good any damage or loss incurred whilst in their keeping.
Winners are responsible for engraving and costs, and the safe return of the trophy to the field trial secretary at least two weeks before the date of the relevant trial.